Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mid-Atlantic Region!

Hello All!

I just wanted to send a quick update on what is happening with Invisible Children, and the days before moving to San Diego. I got an email over Christmas Break, and I found out I will be in a van with two American women, and one Ugandan male, and we will be traveling through the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. This includes DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky. I was really hoping to get the deep south, BUT I'm pretty content with these states :) If you are in any of these states and know of any place that wants to host a screening, let me know. Also, if you are in one of these states, and want to hang out, let me know as well! I'll post our tour dates up when I know them.

As far as fundraising goes, I am 1/3 of the way there. I am honestly super blown away by everybody's generosity. Some people have been WAY WAY to nice, and I am very grateful for all the donations. If you are still interested in donating, here is the link!

Along with my placement, I also got an email about pre-arrival work. I'm actually really excited about what we need to do, because I think what we will learn will make a huge affect on our ability to speak on the LRA's involvement in Uganda, Sudan, and the DRC . IC wants us to do a small history lesson in the conflict, as well as IC's involvement, and to read the book King Leopold's Ghost. This is a book about Belgium's negative history in the Congo, and the problems that still persist today. I've read excerpts in school, and it is truly eye-opening. Very sad, but I think knowing the history of King Leopold will give a lot of incite into modern day Congo.

Along with the reading, we also have to do blogposts, write a bio, and answer fun questions about ourselves, which I'm assuming will all be posted somewhere. So to sign off, I'll leave you with the song I said represents my life best. The song is called Road Song by Steel Train. Pardon the bootleggyness, but hope you enjoy!

hugs and kisses!

No comments: