Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More like my Dad than I thought

Since I've been old enough to stay up past 10 pm, I've known my Dad isn't the best at sleeping, and unfortunately with this, I follow in his footsteps. I go through short stints where sleep comes easy, but right now that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the looming decisions about the future add to this inability to calm my thoughts and drift into vivid dreams, but either way, I guess it's time for an update.

As many of you know, I got accepted into Teach For America last week. This is a great opportunity, and I'm very excited and honored I was accepted, but that also means by next Wednesday I need to make a decision about moving to St. Louis for the next two years to teach to underprivileged children. Maybe this is the world's way of evening itself out because not to long ago my Mom used to teach elementary education to underprivileged children in St. Louis. Maybe I'm supposed to pick up where she left off!

Along with finishing up school, and working with a great organization called Cultural Events Board, I also started running again. Last season was my first year back to racing in over three years and it turned out pretty well. I got up to about 70 miles a week, ran with one of my best friends, and hit three new PRs (15:00 5k, 24:51 8k, 31:44 10k). I won a few smaller races, and even got ostracized by an angry man from Missouri about running too fast in a turkey trot! All in all a good year.

I turn 23 in February, I graduate in May, and following my last days on the CU campus, life is a mystery. I do love a good schedule, but there is something kind of fun about not knowing what is coming next.

I'm gonna start writing again consistently, so keep checking it! Hope all is well!

2 comments:

mattmatt said...

Can't wait to see what's next for Mulvany. There is no wrong decision.

Much Love,
M

Susie said...

Chris,
I think you should go where God leads you but we would love to have you in St. Louis. The only catch is you can't take my grand children to Vegas unless I get to go as the nanny.

Love Susie